This statement describes the current situation at Ael y Bryn to enable visitors to make a decision as to how our establishment meets their needs.
- Ael y Bryn is approached off the A478 Cardigan to Fishguard road. Turn into the lane alongside the former Eglwyswrw Post Office (the building immediately after the car park) and follow the lane up the hill for 1/4 mile. Where the lane widens, Ael y Bryn is on your left.
- Access is across a wide cattle grid or through a pedestrian gate onto a level tarmac parking and reversing area.
- The entrance, driveway and paths are lit at night.
- There is a level pathway around the perimeter of the property.
- There is a level paved access from the parking area to the double front doors, inner courtyard and conservatory.
- A reserved space is available at the front door for Blue Badge Holders.
- Assistance is available with luggage to and from bedrooms.
- The entrance hall has a large cloakroom with an outward opening door.
- All public rooms are on the ground floor.
- There are four guest bedrooms: bedroom Carn Ingli is on level access; the other three bedrooms are accessed by 5 steps.
- There are two staircases, each with five steps. One staircase has a wheelchair platform lift fitted (650mm wide) to connect the public rooms to three of the guest bedrooms.
- The following sketch shows the distances to the bedrooms from the front door. The sketch is not drawn to scale.
- All rooms and hallways are well lit with ample natural lighting and illumination at night. Hallways are 950mm wide.
- All internal doors have a clear opening width of 898mm and have lever handles.
- All four guest bedrooms have en-suite facilities. The beds in three of the rooms can be arranged as twin or superking. The bed in bedroom Pengelli is a kingsize.
- The en-suite bathroom in the Carn Menyn suite has a large walk-in shower. The shower floor is level with the bathroom floor. The opening to the shower space is 560mm wide. There is no bath in this room.
- The en-suite bathrooms in the other three guest bedrooms have a separate bath and large shower cubicle (1200mm wide) with a single sliding door (opening width 420mm). There is a 150mm (6") high step into the shower.
- The baths are fitted with bathboards and detachable suction grab handles.
- Each bathroom has plenty of natural light and ceiling down-lighters, natural ventilation and an extractor fan.
- We will offer assistance in the event of an emergency.
- Each bedroom has a cordless kettle with tea and coffee making facilities, a DVD/TV, a CD/Radio alarm clock and a mini fridge.
- Large print breakfast menus are available.
- Due to a number of water features in and around the property the accommodation is not suitable for children under 16 years of age.
- We do not have any dogs or other animals; we cannot accommodate pets.
- Mobile phone networks are available except along parts of the coast and hills.
- Information is available on wheelchair "walks" on or near the Coastal Path.
- Ael y Bryn is located in a rural setting; cattle and sheep graze in nearby fields. There is an extensive panoramic view of the Preseli Hills.
- The garden has a number of scented flowers and herbs, and metal and wooden sculptures. There is a path around the garden and pond with seating areas. There are a number of water features around the property with fountains waterfalls a natural stream and a wildlife pond. The pond attracts a wide variety of birds and wildlife.
- The local public transport bus service to Cardigan (Aberteifi), and Haverfordwest (Hwlffordd) via Fishguard (Abergwaun), is at the end of the lane.
- Local taxi services are available in Cardigan and Boncath.
- Ael y Bryn is our home, and we are available to assist you during your stay.
Ael y Bryn, Eglwyswrw, Crymych, Pembrokeshire, West Wales, SA41 3UL
+44 (0)1239 891411